Languages Offered at KU
- Amharic, Arabic, Haitian, Hausa, KiSwahili, Somali, Wolof
- Classical Greek, Latin
- Modern Chinese (Mandarin), Classical Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Tibetan, Uyghur
- French, Italian
- Hebrew (Biblical), Hebrew (Israeli), Yiddish
- Danish, Dutch, German, Gothic.
- Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Czech, Old Church Slavic, Polish, Russian, Slovene, Ukrainian; Turkish
- Portuguese, Spanish
- Hindi, Farsi/Tajik
- Haitian Creole, Miskitu, Quichua
- Aramaic, Coptic, Sanskrit
Please note that American Sign Language is offered within the School of Education, but access to these courses for students outside of that school is by permission only. If you wish to use American Sign Language to fulfill your Foreign Language requirement, please check with your individual school to determine whether this is an acceptable option, and if so, how to proceed. The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will accept American Sign Language to fulfill the foreign language requirement for the B.A. degree, but you should consult with Student Academic Services before beginning any coursework. Most college-level ASL courses do not automatically transfer to KU.
* Not offered regularly, please contact the respective department for more information.