These courses do not count as Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian major requirements, but are prerequisites for further coursework.
- BCRS 104-108: Elementary Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian I-II — 10 Credits
- BCRS 204 - Intermediate BCS I — 3 Credits
Total — 13 Credits
A minimum of 27 course hours is required for a Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian major emphasis. You may take as many additional courses as you wish, provided you have fulfilled all of your general education requirements.
- BCRS 208 - Intermediate BCS II — 3 Credits
- BCRS 504-508 - Advanced BCS I-II — 6 Credits
- SLAV 508 South Slavic Literature and Civilization — 3 Credits
- Fifteen hours of elective courses in BCS and/or Southeastern European culture, or advanced BCS language — 15 Credits
Total — 27 Credits
Note: the KU summer program in Zadar, Croatia can fulfill eight of the fifteen hours of additional coursework.