Spanish and Portuguese Degrees
- Broaden and deepen knowledge of literary and cultural movements, as well as engaging students in larger issues pertaining to the role of the humanities in the contemporary world;
- Develop the research, analytical, and writing skills necessary for producing a solid dissertation and publishable articles;
- Acquire working knowledge of major theoretical trends and critical issues (past and current) in the fields of specialization;
- Increase knowledge of broader historical, cultural, and socio-political issues surrounding the fields of specialization;
- Develop familiarity with current foreign language pedagogy and instructional methods.